Showing 1-1 of 1 Responses

School Chemical Register

Submitted by sat on 19 July 2016

A chemical register is required for hazardous chemicals which are stored, handled or used in a workplace. This does not include hazardous chemicals which are consumer products that are used in a manner consistent with normal household use, e.g. office supplies such as printer toners, whiteboard cleaners and whiteboard markers, which means that they do not need to be included in your chemical register. Safe Work Australia has produced a helpful information sheet on this topic, see:

All hazardous chemicals should be stored in a secure chemical store and not in classrooms. Therefore the chemicals register would apply to the chemical store rather than to the classroom, where chemicals are temporarily used, rather than stored.

We have previously answered questions related to this question which contain useful information and links to other resources, see

Chem register

Chemical Register information & SDS printing query

Chemical Registers


Safe Work Australia. 2012. Hazardous Chemicals Register Information sheet, Safe Work Australia website, 2012)