Antarctica Digibook - ABC Splash
This online resource is a digibook containing a collection of resources that includes: videos, maps, an interactive timeline and other information about Antarctica. Students can learn about the expeditions to Antarctica, the frontiersmen that explored the region and how they lived and worked. They can also explore the research undertaken by the explorers as well as the natural environment of Antarctica.
This collection would be a suitable companion to the resource Classroom Antarctica developed by the Australian Government Antarctic Division. https://classroom.antarctica.gov.au/
- Year 7 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Interactions between organisms, including the effects of human activities, can... > ACSSU112
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science knowledge can develop through collaboration across the disciplines of... > ACSHE223
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Scientific knowledge has changed people's understanding of the world and is... > ACSHE119
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science understanding and skills in their occupations and these have... > ACSHE121
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Solutions to contemporary issues that are found using science and technology... > ACSHE120