Enough water fit for drinking - Science by Doing
This Science by Doing online resource covers the chemistry and earth science of the subject of drinking water and its supply.
This resource is an inquiry-based learning sequence of hands-on activities, digital interactives, animations and videos which cover a host of topics including: simple molecular modelling, surface tension, adhesion, cohesion, mixtures, solutions, polarity, water cycle, pH scale, filtration, distillation and sustainability. Students can also experience a variety of practical experiences exploring the properties of water and learn how to develop evidence-based decision making.
Teacher guide, activity sheets and assessment items available.
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, findings and evidence-based solutions to problems using... > ACSIS133
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Use scientific knowledge and findings from investigations to evaluate claims... > ACSIS132
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Measure and control variables, select equipment appropriate to the task and... > ACSIS126
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS129
- Year 7 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Mixtures, including solutions, contain a combination of pure substances that... > ACSSU113
- Year 7 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Some of Earth’s resources are renewable, including water that cycles through... > ACSSU116
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science knowledge can develop through collaboration across the disciplines of... > ACSHE223
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science understanding and skills in their occupations and these have... > ACSHE121
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Solutions to contemporary issues that are found using science and technology... > ACSHE120