Pushing and Pulling
This online resource is a series of Flash-based interactives intended to support the learning of early years students when investigating the effect of pushing and pulling on stationary objects.
This interactive learning object consists of four major parts.
1. Starter activity—students identify who is pushing, who is puilling and which items can be pushed and pulled.
2. Main session—students explore the effect of the strength of a push on an object and how far it will travel.
3. Plenary—students record what they know about pushing and pulling.
4. Download lesson pack—teaching support including 4 student worksheets.
The interactive in this resource are based on the Flash technology and so won't work on the Apple iPad, which doesn't support this technology.
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS037
- Year 2 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > A push or a pull affects how an object moves or changes shape > ACSSU033
- Year Foundation > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions about familiar objects and events > ACSIS014
- Year Foundation > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > The way objects move depends on a variety of factors, including their size and... > ACSSU005