Living and non-living things - ScienceWeb
This online resource is a unit of work that teaches about living and non-living things, in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Activities include: developing a definition of living and non-living, observation of the developmental changes in a range of life cycles, and the impact of other factors, including environmental.
Students consider the importance of biodiversity and make recommendations about improving biodiversity within their school grounds.
This resource is also suitable for composite year 3/4 classes. It comprises activities for at least 5 lessons, plus ideas and web links for extension activities or further explanation.
- Year 3 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations, ideas and findings using formal and... > ACSIS060
- Year 3 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > With guidance, identify questions in familiar contexts that can be investigated... > ACSIS053
- Year 3 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Living things can be grouped on the basis of observable features and can be... > ACSSU044
- Year 3 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions > ACSHE051
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > With guidance, plan and conduct scientific investigations to find answers to... > ACSIS065
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Compare results with predictions, suggesting possible reasons for findings > ACSIS216
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use a range of methods including tables and simple column graphs to represent... > ACSIS068
- Year 4 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions > ACSHE062