Ecosystems - ScienceWeb
This online resource covers the Australian Curriculum Year 9 'Ecosystems' topic.
The resource is a group of 5 lesson plans designed by ASTA as part of its ScienceWeb project.
Background information is provided for teachers, as are equipment lists and safety hints.
Links, worksheets and alternative resources are also provided on each page.
A list of extension activities is also provided.
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate scientific ideas and information for a particular purpose,... > ACSIS174
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Critically analyse the validity of information in primary and secondary sources... > ACSIS172
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Plan, select and use appropriate investigation types, including field work and... > ACSIS165
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Analyse patterns and trends in data, including describing relationships between... > ACSIS169
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Formulate questions or hypotheses that can be investigated scientifically > ACSIS164
- Year 9 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Ecosystems consist of communities of interdependent organisms and abiotic... > ACSSU176
- Year 9 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Advances in scientific understanding often rely on technological advances and... > ACSHE158
- Year 9 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use scientific knowledge to evaluate whether they accept claims,... > ACSHE161