Shaping the Earth's surface - ScienceWeb
This online resource created by ASTA is a 5-lesson unit of work, which teaches students about geological processes and phenomena and how these change the Earth’s surface over time.
It includes an investigation into how water affects landscapes, digital resources and worksheets.
The unit offers opportunities to develop the following General Capabilities:
- Literacy (Reading, viewing, writing and creating within the context of using and creating science texts and methods and the way language is used in science-specific ways)
- ICT (Using ICT for investigations, creation of presentations and to communicate ideas and new knowledge)
- Critical and Creative Thinking (apply logic and reasoning, draw conclusions and design a course of action)
The Cross Curriculum Priority of Sustainability—Futures is also developed.
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations, ideas and findings using formal and... > ACSIS071
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Consider the elements of fair tests and use formal measurements and digital... > ACSIS066
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > With guidance, plan and conduct scientific investigations to find answers to... > ACSIS065
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > With guidance, identify questions in familiar contexts that can be investigated... > ACSIS064
- Year 4 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Earth’s surface changes over time as a result of natural processes and human... > ACSSU075
- Year 4 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves making predictions and describing patterns and relationships > ACSHE061
- Year 4 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions > ACSHE062