Mixing things together - ScienceWeb
This is online resource is a teaching unit of work that details ways of engaging Year 2 students when learning about mixing and combining materials.
This unit of work could be implemented over several sessions. It contains numerous hyperlinks. Topics include identification and naming of everyday materials, making play dough, using ochre to make paint and recycling resources to make new materials. One lesson outline describes how Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures made paints by mixing materials from the natural environment.
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways > ACSIS042
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Compare observations with those of others > ACSIS041
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions using... > ACSIS038
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use a range of methods to sort information, including drawings and provided... > ACSIS040
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS037
- Year 2 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Different materials can be combined for a particular purpose > ACSSU031
- Year 2 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves observing, asking questions about, and describing changes in,... > ACSHE034
- Year 2 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their... > ACSHE035