Need to find where to purchase equipment and consumables for school science laboratory fit outs, practical resourcing and safety equipment.
This downloadable resource is an ASSIST Information Sheet (AIS) on the management of a school's science department.
This downloadable information sheet is intended to serve as an instructional guide on how to carry out and document a risk assessment using the Science ASSIST risk assessment template.
This downloadable ASSIST information sheet (AIS) outlines the procedures suitable for the decontamination of Risk Group 1 microbes used in a Physical Containment level 1 laboratory.
This Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) gives a detailed method for how to handle dry ice.
This Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) contains a detailed method for preparing sodium hydroxide solutions.
Updated November 2016
This Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) which gives a detailed method for how to dilute concentrated hydrochloric acid.
This downloadable resource is a Safe Operating Procedure (SOP) and detailed method for how to use and care for a compound light microscope.
In this investigation, students explore what can shape the natural landscape.
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > With guidance, plan and conduct scientific investigations to find answers to... > ACSIS065
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Compare results with predictions, suggesting possible reasons for findings > ACSIS216
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > With guidance, identify questions in familiar contexts that can be investigated... > ACSIS064
- Year 4 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Earth’s surface changes over time as a result of natural processes and human... > ACSSU075
- Year 4 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves making predictions and describing patterns and relationships > ACSHE061
- Year 4 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions > ACSHE062
This downloadable document is a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and detailed procedure for demonstrating the Van de Graaff generator.