Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Science ASSIST continues to provide online support to school science and is closely monitoring updates regarding C
Should shared safety glasses be decontaminated after each use? I have concerns about the Coronavirus and the use of shared safety glasses. What should we be doing to clean, disinfect them?
This online resource is a source of reviews for science teaching-related resources.
3D printing is a relatively new technology and industry and is also one of the latest technologies to enter schools.
Use of Science ASSIST resources: Do I need permission to use and/or adapt the resources on the Science ASSIST website?
Recommendations for microscope replacement: Our school microscopes are old and in need of replacement, however I am interested in viewpoints as to whether traditional compound microscopes are still
Balloons: I haven't heard of any issues but we have a parent who is concerned with regards to balloons and latex and the powder residue in them.
The Chemical Management Handbook was developed by Science ASSIST in recognition of a need for guidance on the safe handling, storage and waste disposal of chemicals in schools.
In this investigation, students explore the properties of gases and liquids. They will follow instructions to predict the effect of changing a variable when planning an investigation.
- Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, explanations and processes using scientific representations... > ACSIS093
- Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on and suggest improvements to scientific investigations > ACSIS091
- Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Decide which variable should be changed and measured in fair tests and... > ACSIS087
- Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Identify, plan and apply the elements of scientific investigations to answer... > ACSIS086
- Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Compare data with predictions and use as evidence in developing explanations > ACSIS218
- Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including tables and graphs, to... > ACSIS090
- Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > With guidance, pose clarifying questions and make predictions about scientific... > ACSIS231
- Year 5 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Solids, liquids and gases have different observable properties and behave in... > ACSSU077
- Year 5 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves testing predictions by gathering data and using evidence to... > ACSHE081
- Year 5 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Scientific knowledge is used to solve problems and inform personal and... > ACSHE217
Kate Dilger, Science ASSIST Teacher Support Officer, 'unpacks' the Year 10 'Egg Bungee Jump' CLE (Connected Learning Experience) resource.