This online resource is a teaching unit intended to support a Year 1 teacher when investigating the science of sound with students in the early years.
Organic chemicals: I have been asked to purchase examples of esters, amides, amines, alkanes and alkenes.
Can someone recommend which of these chemicals are best for school use please?
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate scientific ideas and information for a particular purpose,... > ACSIS208
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent... > ACSIS204
- Year 10 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Different types of chemical reactions are used to produce a range of products... > ACSSU187
Water testing: Is it possible to do classroom testing for PFOS and PFOA in water samples? If so, how would you go about it?
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting
Can potassium permanganate waste be neutralised?
Tollens Test: For Year 12 chemistry, the teachers wanted to demonstrate the silver mirror, also called Tollens test. The process goes like this:
This online teaching resource offers advice on how to approach teaching forces and motion to early years students.
This online resource is a series of Flash-based interactives intended to support the learning of early years students when investigating the effect of pushing and pulling on stationary objects.
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS037
- Year 2 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > A push or a pull affects how an object moves or changes shape > ACSSU033
- Year Foundation > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions about familiar objects and events > ACSIS014
- Year Foundation > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > The way objects move depends on a variety of factors, including their size and... > ACSSU005
Safety Data Sheet updates: Is there any page (web) to get updated M)SDSs as Chemwatch doesn't do that automatically.
Also is it good to have Manifest with PDF SDSs on USB drive?
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences
Eye Dissection: In the SOP for eye dissections I noticed that scalpels are included in your equipment list. Could you please rethink this as an option.