Barium nitrate solutions: Is a 0.1M solution of barium nitrate permissible for years 7-10 in NSW Department of Education Schools? It is not clear in the CSIS chemical search.
This Science by Doing online resource covers the chemistry and earth science of the subject of drinking water and its supply.
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, findings and evidence-based solutions to problems using... > ACSIS133
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Use scientific knowledge and findings from investigations to evaluate claims... > ACSIS132
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Measure and control variables, select equipment appropriate to the task and... > ACSIS126
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS129
- Year 7 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Mixtures, including solutions, contain a combination of pure substances that... > ACSSU113
- Year 7 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Some of Earth’s resources are renewable, including water that cycles through... > ACSSU116
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science knowledge can develop through collaboration across the disciplines of... > ACSHE223
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science understanding and skills in their occupations and these have... > ACSHE121
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Solutions to contemporary issues that are found using science and technology... > ACSHE120
This Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) contains a detailed method for preparing sodium hydroxide solutions.