Science ASSIST is a national online advisory service for school science educators and technicians. It provides:
- expert, up-to-date information on high-quality teaching and learning resources;
- support for teachers in the implementation of the Australian Curriculum: Science;
- consistent and authoritative advice on all aspects of school laboratory safety, management and design;
- support for school laboratory technicians and teachers in the delivery of stimulating and practical science activities; and
- an extensive range of educationally sound and safety-compliant practical activities for a hands-on, inquiry-based study of science in school science laboratories and classrooms.
The Australian Science Teachers Association (ASTA), in consultation with Science Education Technicians Australia (SETA), manages Science ASSIST. Please visit their respective websites for their policies on matters concerning pedagogy and safety.
Science ASSIST was funded by the Federal Department of Education between 2013 and 2018 and was sponsored by CSIRO Education and Outreach during 2019 and until the end of June 2020. As long as the site remains available, all content added to the site prior to 1 July 2020 will remain publicly accessible as it was developed through funding made available by the Australian government. The site is currently sponsored by BAE Systems and looking at transitioning to a subscription service.
Proposed categories of membership for subscriptions to Science ASSIST in 2021
Proposed Fee Structure for 2021
Expressions of Interest in a subscription model for Science ASSIST
Science ASSIST has an e-newsletter, which comes out at least twice a year. To sign up for the e-newsletter visit the following web page: https://asta.edu.au/programs/assist
If this website contains links to your website and you have any objection to such a link, please contact ASTA.
If you have any questions regarding use of material available on this website, please contact ASTA.