Science ASSIST is a national online advisory service for school science educators and technicians. It is freely available to all Australian schools and provides:
- expert, up-to-date information on high-quality teaching and learning resources;
- support for teachers in the implementation of the Australian Curriculum: Science;
- consistent and authoritative advice on all aspects of school laboratory safety, management and design;
- support for school laboratory technicians and teachers in the delivery of stimulating and practical science activities; and
- an extensive range of educationally sound and safety-compliant practical activities for a hands-on, inquiry-based study of science in school science laboratories and classrooms.
The Australian Science Teachers Association (ASTA), in consultation with Science Education Technicians Australia (SETA), manages Science ASSIST. It was funded by the Federal Department of Education between 2013 and 2018 and is currently sponsored by CSIRO Education and Outreach.
Science ASSIST also have an enewsletter, which comes out about twice a year. To sign up for the enewsletter visit the following web page: https://asta.edu.au/programs/assist
© copyright ASTA and SETA 2019 (unless indicated otherwise)
The copyright material published on this website is subject to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), and is owned by ASTA and SETA or, where indicated, by a party other than ASTA and SETA.
ASTA and SETA supports and encourages use of its material for all legitimate purposes. Copyright material available on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence unless indicated otherwise [Excluded Material].
Except in relation to Excluded Material this licence allows you to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- for any purpose, even commercially
provided you attribute ASTA and SETA as the source of the copyright material. ASTA and SETA requests attribution as: "From the Science ASSIST website: http://assist.asta.edu.au".
Website material not available under a Creative Commons licence:
The ASTA and SETA logos, other logos and trademark protected material are not licensed under a CC BY licence and may not be used.
Linked material available on third party websites:
If this website contains links to your website and you have any objection to such link, please contact ASTA.
If you have any questions regarding use of material available on this website, please contact ASTA.