1: TEACHER SUPPORT
3: DIGITAL CONTENT
• Planning ahead and
• Teaching and learning plan
(including safety notes)
Science Understanding /
Chemical sciences / Year 10
In this investigation, four different types of chemical
reactions are performed one at a time. Students then
test their understanding by analysing six further
reactions and for each one: predict the products,
identify the type of reaction and write balanced word
and symbol equations.
Students will be able to:
• observe and understand different types of chemical
• identify the reactants in a chemical reaction and
relate them to the reaction type;
• predict the products for a given chemical reaction
• write word and balanced symbol equations for
• construct conclusions based on evidence.
How to use a CLE
The Science ASSIST project is supported by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training through the Mathematics and Science Participation Program.