Earth and space - Science by Doing
This online resource covers Year 7 Earth and space science.
The resource is an inquiry-based learning sequence that includes: hands-on activities, digital interactives, animations and videos.
The resource covers renewable and non-renewable resources, recycling, sustainability and ecological footprint, astronomy, gravity, orbits, weight and mass, telescopes and rockets.
Students also learn how to develop justifiable claims based on evidence and assess the likely impacts of new technologies.
A teacher guide, activity sheets and assessment information is also available.
Australian Curriculum v9 Codes: AC9S7U03 (Year 7)
This Science By Doing resource is freely available through the Scootle site for Australian teachers. Direct access through the Science By Doing website requires registration.
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, findings and evidence-based solutions to problems using... > ACSIS133
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on scientific investigations including evaluating the quality of the... > ACSIS131
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Use scientific knowledge and findings from investigations to evaluate claims... > ACSIS132
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Collaboratively and individually plan and conduct a range of investigation... > ACSIS125
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Measure and control variables, select equipment appropriate to the task and... > ACSIS126
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS129
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Summarise data, from students’ own investigations and secondary sources, and... > ACSIS130
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Identify questions and problems that can be investigated scientifically and... > ACSIS124
- Year 7 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Predictable phenomena on Earth, including seasons and eclipses, are caused by... > ACSSU115
- Year 7 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Some of Earth’s resources are renewable, including water that cycles through... > ACSSU116
- Year 7 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > Change to an object’s motion is caused by unbalanced forces, including Earth's... > ACSSU117
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science knowledge can develop through collaboration across the disciplines of... > ACSHE223
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Scientific knowledge has changed people's understanding of the world and is... > ACSHE119
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science understanding and skills in their occupations and these have... > ACSHE121
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Solutions to contemporary issues that are found using science and technology,... > ACSHE120