Cool it! Year 3 Science assessment
This online resource is an assessment task where students conduct an investigation into the insulating properties of different materials.
The resource includes detailed background information about the science concepts, student worksheet, continua model of task-specific standards for A-E assessment, suggestions for student feedback and links to the Australian Curriculum.
General Capabilities which may be developed: literacy, critical and creative thinking, personal and social capability, ICT capability.
- Year 3 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations, ideas and findings using formal and... > ACSIS060
- Year 3 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > With guidance, plan and conduct scientific investigations to find answers to... > ACSIS054
- Year 3 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use a range of methods including tables and simple column graphs to represent... > ACSIS057
- Year 3 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > With guidance, identify questions in familiar contexts that can be investigated... > ACSIS053
- Year 3 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > A change of state between solid and liquid can be caused by adding or removing... > ACSSU046
- Year 3 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions > ACSHE051