The force of friction
This online resource is an assessment task where students conduct an investigation into the effect of friction on the distance a toy car travels after rolling down a slope.
The resource includes detailed background information about the science concepts, student worksheet, continua model of task-specific standards for A-E assessment, suggestions for student feedback and links to the Australian Curriculum.
The following General Capabilities can be developed in this task:
- Peronal and social;
- Critical and creative thinking.
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations, ideas and findings using formal and... > ACSIS071
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on investigations, including whether a test was fair or not > ACSIS069
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > With guidance, plan and conduct scientific investigations to find answers to... > ACSIS065
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use a range of methods including tables and simple column graphs to represent... > ACSIS068
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > With guidance, identify questions in familiar contexts that can be investigated... > ACSIS064
- Year 4 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > Forces can be exerted by one object on another through direct contact or from a... > ACSSU076
- Year 4 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves making predictions and describing patterns and relationships > ACSHE061