Energy Evolution – National Science Week Resource Book 2012
This downloadable resource looks at forms of renewable energy?
The resource explores the revolution that is renewable energy. It examines renewable energy sources including: wind, solar, geothermal and ocean as well as new and emerging technologies such as biomass, thermo-electrics and noise harvesting.
The book provides activities for students in Year levels F–10 with many activities able to be modified to suit individual student needs. Activities are aligned to the Australian Curriculum: Science and focus on the Science Understanding of physical sciences and Earth and space sciences. The resource also has a strong focus on the Science as a Human Endeavour strand across all year levels, with focus on both sub-strands of the Nature and development of science and the Use and influence of science.
See specific activities and resources for more details.
This resource book was created by ASTA for the 2012 National Science Week.
- Year 10 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > Energy conservation in a system can be explained by describing energy transfers... > ACSSU190
- Year 2 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Earth’s resources are used in a variety of ways > ACSSU032
- Year 6 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > Electrical energy can be transferred and transformed in electrical circuits and... > ACSSU097
- Year 7 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Some of Earth’s resources are renewable, including water that cycles through... > ACSSU116
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > Energy appears in different forms including movement (kinetic energy), heat and... > ACSSU155