Earth Science Western Australia
This online resource has been created to support the teaching of earth science in Australian schools.
The Earth Science Western Australia (ESWA) website is easy to use and the PDF resources are free to download. They include full lesson plans, teacher support notes, answers, activities and links to other great ESS resources.
The role of ESWA is to support the teaching of earth science by developing teaching and learning resources, providing professional development for teachers and also presenting at schools and assisting with field experiences for students.
Teachers of earth and environmental science also have free access to field trip support (including funding) and the Geoscientists in Schools program (linking guest presenters to schools). Jo Watkins has also enabled an email network to share activities and ideas and provide continuous collegiate support (see Contacts).
Teachers of both primary and secondary earth and space science are able to access subject matter specialist, Julia Ferguson, for classroom modelling of hands-on, engaging experiences. Loan kits and further resources may also be accessed by contacting Julia Ferguson (see Contacts).
There are a number of small lesson packages which cover all aspects of the content descriptors. Teachers can hand pick the lessons or parts of lessons which best suit their class and integrate these into their course. You will need access to the internet and a printer for some activities with printable worksheets, flash cards, etc.
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Sedimentary, igneous and metamorphic rocks contain minerals and are formed by... > ACSSU153
- Year 8 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Scientific knowledge has changed people's understanding of the world and is... > ACSHE134
- Year 8 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science understanding and skills in their occupations and these have... > ACSHE136
- Year 9 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > The theory of plate tectonics explains global patterns of geological activity... > ACSSU180
- Year 9 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Scientific understanding, including models and theories, are contestable and... > ACSHE157
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences