This online resource is a collection of 10 chemistry practical-related activities for students aged 16–18 yrs designed to develop their practical and independent study skills.
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences
This downloadable document gives the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and detailed method for the handling, storage and transportation of compressed gas cylinders in school science areas.
This online resource is an assessment task where students conduct an investigation into the effect of friction on the distance a toy car travels after rolling down a slope.
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations, ideas and findings using formal and... > ACSIS071
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on investigations, including whether a test was fair or not > ACSIS069
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > With guidance, plan and conduct scientific investigations to find answers to... > ACSIS065
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use a range of methods including tables and simple column graphs to represent... > ACSIS068
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > With guidance, identify questions in familiar contexts that can be investigated... > ACSIS064
- Year 4 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > Forces can be exerted by one object on another through direct contact or from a... > ACSSU076
- Year 4 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves making predictions and describing patterns and relationships > ACSHE061
This downloadable ASSIST Information sheet outlines the suggested and alternative sterilisation techniques for the in-house preparation of sterile equipment used in microbiology.
Safety issues are a significant consideration in the teaching of microbiology as the subject is practical-based and there is potential for exposure to infectious organisms.
This ASSIST information sheet is intended to serve as a general guide when using refrigerators and freezers in the science area.
When choosing a microscope consideration needs to be given to the application, skill level of staff and students and budget.
This downloadable document contains a standard operating procedure (SOP) for the use of fire extinguishers
This downloadable document contains a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the use of fire blankets
Updated September 2016
This Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) contains a detailed method, including photographs, for how to perform a kidney dissection.