This downloadable resource involves an activity that investigates the densities of rocks.
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent... > ACSIS170
- Year 9 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > The theory of plate tectonics explains global patterns of geological activity... > ACSSU180
- Year 9 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Advances in scientific understanding often rely on technological advances and... > ACSHE158
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences
- Year Senior Secondary > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science
3D printing is a relatively new technology and industry and is also one of the latest technologies to enter schools.
There are a wide range of chemicals used in solution form for various experimental activities and demonstrations in the school science curriculum.
Schools should develop their own maintenance and servicing schedule for all emergency equipment, plant and mechanical fixtures, electrical and electronic devices etc.
Investigating the effect of cell size on diffusion (absorption) rate (speed) is a common investigation carried out by secondary students.
Food testing is routinely carried out in senior biology classes. Students test a variety of food samples for carbohydrates, such as sugar and starch, lipids, proteins and vitamin C.
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and detailed method on how to handle liquid nitrogen (LN2).
When choosing a microscope consideration needs to be given to the application, skill level of staff and students and budget.
This ASSIST information sheet is intended to serve as a general guide when using refrigerators and freezers in the science area.
This downloadable resource details the dissection of a chicken wing.