In this online interactive learning object, students examine mixtures, solvents, solutions and the effects of temperature on solubility and how this affects water quality.
This resource allows students to explore the concepts of reversible and irreversible change by carrying out tests on simulated substances.
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, explanations and processes using scientific representations... > ACSIS110
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Compare data with predictions and use as evidence in developing explanations > ACSIS221
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > With guidance, pose clarifying questions and make predictions about scientific... > ACSIS232
- Year 6 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Changes to materials can be reversible or irreversible > ACSSU095
Two sets of slides based around the periodic table. One is about atoms and the periodic table and one focuses more on the electronic structure of atoms.
- Year 10 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > The atomic structure and properties of elements are used to organise them in... > ACSSU186