Use of Science ASSIST resources: Do I need permission to use and/or adapt the resources on the Science ASSIST website?
Recommendations for microscope replacement: Our school microscopes are old and in need of replacement, however I am interested in viewpoints as to whether traditional compound microscopes are still
Balloons: I haven't heard of any issues but we have a parent who is concerned with regards to balloons and latex and the powder residue in them.
The Chemical Management Handbook was developed by Science ASSIST in recognition of a need for guidance on the safe handling, storage and waste disposal of chemicals in schools.
Animal skeleton: One of our teachers can get a sheep skeleton from someone. The sheep died in a field and the bones are now devoid of any flesh.
This downloadable document contains quick links to the Connected Learning Experiences that have been developed by Science ASSIST.
School Chemical Register: I've just been reviewing our current Chemical Register. I was wondering if I need to have every classroom on the register.
Lab space for primary school: Could you provide information regarding establishing a science area for a primary school?
This online teaching package provides hands-on activities with teacher support materials to support the Year 6 Earth and space science components of the Australian Curriculum.
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, explanations and processes using scientific representations... > ACSIS110
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on and suggest improvements to scientific investigations > ACSIS108
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Decide which variable should be changed and measured in fair tests and... > ACSIS104
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Identify, plan and apply the elements of scientific investigations to answer... > ACSIS105
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Compare data with predictions and use as evidence in developing explanations > ACSIS221
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including tables and graphs, to... > ACSIS107
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > With guidance, pose clarifying questions and make predictions about scientific... > ACSIS232
- Year 6 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Sudden geological changes and extreme weather events can affect Earth’s surface > ACSSU096
- Year 6 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Important contributions to the advancement of science have been made by people... > ACSHE099
- Year 6 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves testing predictions by gathering data and using evidence to... > ACSHE098
- Year 6 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Scientific understandings, discoveries and inventions are used to solve... > ACSHE100
GHS labelling: I have a question about GHS labelling.
Does everything need to be GHS labelled, for example, common household items like sugar, salt, oil, dish wash liquid etc, etc?