Disposable nitrile gloves: How chemical-resistant are disposable nitrile gloves? Are they only resistant to certain classes of chemicals and up to certain concentrations?
DRONES: Everyone seems to be droning on about drones so which ones have people used??
Storage of offal: Is it acceptable to store offal, such as plucks, hearts, kidneys, etc., in a freezer for long periods (months) for future use?
Recommended Chemicals for secondary Schools: I have to order new chemicals for our school in QLD, but the following chemicals are not in the list "List_of_recommended_chemicals-18March-2016.
Safe concentration of HCl for Year 8 students to use?: A year 8 textbook has an activity which includes an example for a colour change (blue litmus paper with HCl added to it).
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Chemical change involves substances reacting to form new substances > ACSSU225
Balloons: I haven't heard of any issues but we have a parent who is concerned with regards to balloons and latex and the powder residue in them.
Safety issues are a significant consideration in the teaching of microbiology as the subject is practical-based and there is potential for exposure to infectious organisms.
The Chemical Management Handbook was developed by Science ASSIST in recognition of a need for guidance on the safe handling, storage and waste disposal of chemicals in schools.
This worksheet provides a well-illustrated procedure for an investigation that uses leaf disks to show photosynthesis in action.
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Collaboratively and individually plan and conduct a range of investigation... > ACSIS140
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Measure and control variables, select equipment appropriate to the task and... > ACSIS141
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Identify questions and problems that can be investigated scientifically and... > ACSIS139
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Multi-cellular organisms contain systems of organs that carry out specialised... > ACSSU150
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Plan, select and use appropriate investigation types, including field work and... > ACSIS165
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Formulate questions or hypotheses that can be investigated scientifically > ACSIS164
- Year 9 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Ecosystems consist of communities of interdependent organisms and abiotic... > ACSSU176
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and detailed method including images on how to prepare animal and plant cell slides
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Cells are the basic units of living things and have specialised structures and... > ACSSU149
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences