Science ASSIST resources and copyright: Is permission required to use, copy/paste, edi
Handling cow manure in school science laboratories: Can cow manure be used for practical activities in school science laboratories? Are there any regulations regarding handling cow manure?
Animal skeleton: One of our teachers can get a sheep skeleton from someone. The sheep died in a field and the bones are now devoid of any flesh.
This Connected Learning Experience looks at chemical reactions.
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Plan, select and use appropriate investigation types, including field work and... > ACSIS165
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent... > ACSIS170
- Year 9 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Chemical reactions, including combustion and the reactions of acids, are... > ACSSU179
- Year 9 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use scientific knowledge to evaluate whether they accept claims,... > ACSHE160
Chemical Store: In my chemical store I have my hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals separate. Do we need to separate these or can they all go together ensuring there are no incompatibilities.
Use of lead in schools: Use of lead and lead salts in schools: Is lead (solid, lead shot, salts) allowed to be used in Years 7 to 10? Are lead salts banned in some jurisdictions?
Ventilation in corrosives cupboard: Are there any regulations regarding ventilation in corrosives and flammables cupboards—we are getting a new building and the architects are asking me for the reg
Fume cupboards in senior chemistry labs: With the changes to the Chem course with the Australian Curriculum, and the increased emphasis on organic chem, what are the recommendations for the number
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate scientific ideas and information for a particular purpose,... > ACSIS208
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent... > ACSIS204
- Year 10 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Different types of chemical reactions are used to produce a range of products... > ACSSU187
Can potassium permanganate waste be neutralised?