This online resource is a source of reviews for science teaching-related resources.
3D printing is a relatively new technology and industry and is also one of the latest technologies to enter schools.
Use of Science ASSIST resources: Do I need permission to use and/or adapt the resources on the Science ASSIST website?
Recommendations for microscope replacement: Our school microscopes are old and in need of replacement, however I am interested in viewpoints as to whether traditional compound microscopes are still
Balloons: I haven't heard of any issues but we have a parent who is concerned with regards to balloons and latex and the powder residue in them.
Kate Dilger, Science ASSIST Teacher Support Officer, 'unpacks' the Year 10 'Egg Bungee Jump' CLE (Connected Learning Experience) resource.
This downloadable document contains quick links to the Connected Learning Experiences that have been developed by Science ASSIST.
Lab space for primary school: Could you provide information regarding establishing a science area for a primary school?
This online resource is an assessment task where students conduct an investigation into the insulating properties of different materials.
- Year 3 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations, ideas and findings using formal and... > ACSIS060
- Year 3 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > With guidance, plan and conduct scientific investigations to find answers to... > ACSIS054
- Year 3 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use a range of methods including tables and simple column graphs to represent... > ACSIS057
- Year 3 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > With guidance, identify questions in familiar contexts that can be investigated... > ACSIS053
- Year 3 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > A change of state between solid and liquid can be caused by adding or removing... > ACSSU046
- Year 3 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions > ACSHE051
GHS labelling: I have a question about GHS labelling.
Does everything need to be GHS labelled, for example, common household items like sugar, salt, oil, dish wash liquid etc, etc?