Water testing: Is it possible to do classroom testing for PFOS and PFOA in water samples? If so, how would you go about it?
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting
Can potassium permanganate waste be neutralised?
Tollens Test: For Year 12 chemistry, the teachers wanted to demonstrate the silver mirror, also called Tollens test. The process goes like this:
This online teaching resource helps teach young students about forces.
Ferrothiocyanate Fe(SCN)2: We are currently doing a prac called the Effect of concentration changes on equilibrium yields.
This online resource introduces students to the concepts of physical change.
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways > ACSIS029
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions > ACSIS025
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use a range of methods to sort information, including drawings and provided... > ACSIS027
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS024
- Year 1 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Everyday materials can be physically changed in a variety of ways > ACSSU018
- Year 1 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves observing, asking questions about, and describing changes in,... > ACSHE021
This online resource teaches about the planets in the solar system.
- Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, explanations and processes using scientific representations... > ACSIS093
- Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including tables and graphs, to... > ACSIS090
- Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > With guidance, pose clarifying questions and make predictions about scientific... > ACSIS231
- Year 5 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > The Earth is part of a system of planets orbiting around a star (the sun) > ACSSU078
- Year 5 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves testing predictions by gathering data and using evidence to... > ACSHE081
- Year 5 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Scientific knowledge is used to solve problems and inform personal and... > ACSHE083
chemical storage bottles: Hi, are there any rules about the types of bottles to store chemicals in, in the chemical store room. ie must they have screw lids only or stoppers only.
Chemical disposal : Hi I would like to dispose of a couple of things , how can I treat them for disposal ,
Copper Nitrate solution
diluted hydrogen peroxide solutions
Snail Dissections: Hi I have a teacher that wants to do a snail dissection with 13 year old students. I thought we were not allowed to do them due to the number of parasites that snails can carry.