This downloadable ASSIST Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is for the setting up and demonstration of the flame test using a PET bottle as a demonstration rig.
Lab space for primary school: Establishing
This online resource looks at the digestive system.
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, findings and evidence-based solutions to problems using... > ACSIS148
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on scientific investigations including evaluating the quality of the... > ACSIS146
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Collaboratively and individually plan and conduct a range of investigation... > ACSIS140
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Measure and control variables, select equipment appropriate to the task and... > ACSIS141
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS144
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Summarise data, from students’ own investigations and secondary sources, and... > ACSIS145
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Identify questions and problems that can be investigated scientifically and... > ACSIS139
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Multi-cellular organisms contain systems of organs carrying out specialised... > ACSSU150
Hazardous Waste Disposal: Can you please adv
Calcium hydroxide: I have 2 bottles of Calcium Hydroxide that are moist. Can it be dried out? Or is it no good or Ok as is? Also how do I stop the chemicals from becoming moist?
Chemistry Experiment using reflux and distillation: Is there an organic practical that uses two of reflux, distillation and liquid-liquid extraction that does not require a fume hood?
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences
Piglet Dissection: One of our Human Biology Teachers have requested a piglet dissection prac.
Drying of anhydrous sodium carbonate: I am
Plankton and preserving specimens of plankton: We catch live plankton weekly and would like to preserve the specimens. We would like to collect a long term sequence we can use as a data set.
Decomposition of organic matter: I