This online resource is a source of reviews for science teaching-related resources.
Glass stoppers fused to bottles: Do you have any advice regarding dealing with the (safe) removal of ground glass stoppers from reagent bottles, which have frozen to the joint?
Health monitoring requirements: Is health monitoring for exposure to hazardous chemicals required for chemicals in the List of Recommended Chemicals/ Chemical Management Handbook?
Soldering: Is it okay for students to do soldering using the tin/lead solder?
Disposal of potassium permanganate and glycerol reaction: How do I safely dispose of the products of the exothermic reaction between potassium permanganate and glycerol conducted in a mortar and pe
Updated July 2019
This document contains quick links to the technical laboratory questions which have been answered by the Science ASSIST Team and published on this website.
Updated July 2019
This document contains quick links to the technical resources that have been developed by Science ASSIST.
Nitrogen dioxide gas is used to demonstrate Le Chatelier’s principle of equilibrium.
Whoosh bottle: Is using isopropanol as a fuel safer than using ethanol or methanol?
This downloadable resource looks at verifying the movement of tectonic plates.
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent... > ACSIS170
- Year 9 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > The theory of plate tectonics explains global patterns of geological activity... > ACSSU180
- Year 9 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Scientific understanding, including models and theories, are contestable and... > ACSHE157
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences
- Year Senior Secondary > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science