Lab safety/guidelines: Is there any legislation that states that you need to have a first aid kit available in each Science Lab, that chemical store rooms need to be ventilated and that food (even
Handling cow manure in science labs: I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a request I have received from the Ag department here.
Safety Data Sheets and the GHS: I need to update all our SDSheets for our chemicals at the High School since the deadline for GHS approaches.
PC1 laboratory rules and eating in classrooms: Are all school laboratories classified as PC1 laboratories and if so are students permitted to eat in classrooms?
Testing Alkanes and Alkenes: Year 12 are testing for Alkanes and Alkenes and they need acidified Potassium Permanganate solution. How do I prepare this solution?
Animal skeleton: One of our teachers can get a sheep skeleton from someone. The sheep died in a field and the bones are now devoid of any flesh.
Description: In this investigation, students explore the processes in the rock cycle that result in new rocks being formed.
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, findings and evidence-based solutions to problems using... > ACSIS148
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS144
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Identify questions and problems that can be investigated scientifically and... > ACSIS139
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Sedimentary, igneous and metamorphic rocks contain minerals and are formed by... > ACSSU153
Description: In this investigation, living things that live in particular habitats are investigated in the context of habitats being places that provide many of the needs of living
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways > ACSIS029
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Compare observations with those of others > ACSIS213
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions using... > ACSIS025
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS024
- Year 1 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Living things live in different places where their needs are met > ACSSU211
- Year 1 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their... > ACSHE022
Description: In this investigation, students explore important chemical reactions such as neutralisation and combustion and their application in our world.
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Plan, select and use appropriate investigation types, including field work and... > ACSIS165
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent... > ACSIS170
- Year 9 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Chemical reactions, including combustion and the reactions of acids, are... > ACSSU179
- Year 9 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use scientific knowledge to evaluate whether they accept claims,... > ACSHE160
Effect of catalyst and surface area on reaction rate: One of my teachers is doing the above mentioned prac for Yr 11 Chemistry. She has asked for saturated Oxalic acid solution.