This Connected Learning Experience introduces the idea of animal habitats.
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways > ACSIS029
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Compare observations with those of others > ACSIS213
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions using... > ACSIS025
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS024
- Year 1 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Living things live in different places where their needs are met > ACSSU211
- Year 1 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their... > ACSHE022
Description: In this investigation, students explore important chemical reactions such as neutralisation and combustion and their application in our world.
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Plan, select and use appropriate investigation types, including field work and... > ACSIS165
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent... > ACSIS170
- Year 9 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Chemical reactions, including combustion and the reactions of acids, are... > ACSSU179
- Year 9 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use scientific knowledge to evaluate whether they accept claims,... > ACSHE160
Effect of catalyst and surface area on reaction rate: One of my teachers is doing the above mentioned prac for Yr 11 Chemistry. She has asked for saturated Oxalic acid solution.
Definition of "locked up" on MSDS: I am in the process of rearranging our chemical storage area.
Gene induction experiment?: A teacher has asked about the possibility of setting up an experiment to induce expression of β-galactosidase in E.
Chemical Store: In my chemical store I have my hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals separate. Do we need to separate these or can they all go together ensuring there are no incompatibilities.
Description: In this investigation, different forms of energy and how they can be transformed from one form to another are investigated through examining the transformations involv
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, findings and evidence-based solutions to problems using... > ACSIS148
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS144
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > Energy appears in different forms including movement (kinetic energy), heat and... > ACSSU155
Chemical storage: I am after some information regarding safe storage of chemicals in schools. We have one small prep room with all of the chemical cabinets in said prep room.
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and detailed method including photographs for how to perform a lung dissection.
Use of lead in ACT schools: From reading answers to another question, it's my understanding that lead is banned in some Australian jurisdictions, and approved or restricted in others.