Lab space for primary school: Could you provide information regarding establishing a science area for a primary school?
This online resource is an ASSIST Connected Learning Experience (CLE) to help teach Year 8 students about the digestive system in higher animals.
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, findings and evidence-based solutions to problems using... > ACSIS148
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on scientific investigations including evaluating the quality of the... > ACSIS146
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Collaboratively and individually plan and conduct a range of investigation... > ACSIS140
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Measure and control variables, select equipment appropriate to the task and... > ACSIS141
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS144
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Summarise data, from students’ own investigations and secondary sources, and... > ACSIS145
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Identify questions and problems that can be investigated scientifically and... > ACSIS139
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Multi-cellular organisms contain systems of organs that carry out specialised... > ACSSU150
Mixing of alcohols: an IB student would like to investigate the effect in heat energy of mixing methanol and ethanol or ethanol or propanol or ethanol and butanol, is this safe?
Laboratory Chemicals and Waste Management/Setup: I am seeking reading material/documents that will help me in regards to the 'Chemical Waste Setup' required.
Calcium hydroxide: I have 2 bottles of Calcium Hydroxide that are moist. Can it be dried out? Or is it no good or Ok as is? Also how do I stop the chemicals from becoming moist?
Chemistry Experiment: Is there an organic practical that uses two of reflux, distillation and liquid-liquid extraction that does not require a fume hood?
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences
Piglet Dissection: One of our Human Biology Teachers have requested a piglet dissection prac.
Are we able to perform piglet dissections in Secondary Schools ?
Writing risk assessments for chemical classes: When writing risk assessments for chemical classes (instead of one for the use of every individual chemical), what is the best way? I've seen others
Toxic Alcohols in Spirit Burners to test Fuel Efficiency: We have a year 10 chemistry investigation in which students are provided with six alcohols in spirit burners. Their task is to investigat
Drying of anhydrous sodium carbonate: I am about to standardise a sodium hydroxide solution but I have been wondering about the recommended temperature and time for drying anhydrous sodium carbon