Hi, I would like some explanation and advice about the application/use of the WS8 skills in both stage 4 & 5 of the NSW syllabus.
This online resource covers energy transformation and conservation.
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate scientific ideas and information for a particular purpose,... > ACSIS208
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Evaluate conclusions, including identifying sources of uncertainty and possible... > ACSIS205
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Analyse patterns and trends in data, including describing relationships between... > ACSIS203
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent... > ACSIS204
- Year 10 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > Energy conservation in a system can be explained by describing energy transfers... > ACSSU190
This online resource demonstrates various learning programs for teaching the practical aspects of chemistry to younger students.
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions using... > ACSIS038
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS037
- Year 2 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Different materials can be combined for a particular purpose > ACSSU031
- Year 2 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves observing, asking questions about, and describing changes in,... > ACSHE034
Bunsen burners: Our school admin is looking into having natural gas piped to our chemistry labs.
Updated September 2016
This Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) contains a detailed method for how to perform a rat dissection.
Storage of nitrates: Hi, I'm upgrading the storage of my chemicals. Is it okay to store nitrates in clear glass bottles?
This online resource looks at human involvement in the Greenhouse Effect.
PVA Slime: There was a directive that came out from Education Queensland to all HODs in 2004/2005 regarding students not being permitted to take any slime made at school home.
This online resource is a short video (2 min 44 sec) that provides information on a range of renewable energy sources.
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Summarise data, from students’ own investigations and secondary sources, and... > ACSIS130
- Year 7 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Some of Earth’s resources are renewable, including water that cycles through... > ACSSU116
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science understanding and skills in their occupations and these have... > ACSHE121
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Solutions to contemporary issues that are found using science and technology... > ACSHE120
This online resource investigates the scale of the universe.