This online resource investigates the importance of water to living things.
This online resource explores how the physical features of animals help them survive.
- Year 1 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Living things have a variety of external features > ACSSU017
- Year 1 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Living things live in different places where their needs are met > ACSSU211
- Year Foundation > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Living things have basic needs, including food and water > ACSSU002
This online resource is a Flash-based collection of resources that students can explore to find out about the life cycles of a variety of living organisms.
- Year 4 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Living things have life cycles > ACSSU072
This online resource provides students and teachers with material about plant and animal adaptation that can easily be adapted/used as a unit of work.
This downloadable PDF provides links to national and state-specific information on licensing and compliance for school science facilities.
Areas covered include:
This downloadable PDF has links to documentation concerning health and safety legislation for the procurement, handling and disposal of biological materials; animal ethics and associated licensing.
This online resources introduces the concepts of classification and taxonomy.
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, findings and evidence-based solutions to problems using... > ACSIS133
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS129
- Year 7 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Classification helps organise the diverse group of organisms > ACSSU111
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science knowledge can develop through collaboration across the disciplines of... > ACSHE223
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Scientific knowledge has changed people's understanding of the world and is... > ACSHE119
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science understanding and skills in their occupations and these have... > ACSHE121