This online resource contains step-by-step instructions and resources for a hands-on activity that illustrates the differences between pure substances and mixtures.
This online resource investigates the periodic table.
The resource has information relating to the chemical elements and their relationships with the periodic table.
- Year 10 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > The atomic structure and properties of elements are used to organise them in... > ACSSU186
This online resource demonstrates some of the properties of hydrogen.
This online resource explores the properties of matter.
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, findings and evidence-based solutions to problems using... > ACSIS148
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on scientific investigations including evaluating the quality of the... > ACSIS146
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Use scientific knowledge and findings from investigations to evaluate claims... > ACSIS234
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Collaboratively and individually plan and conduct a range of investigation... > ACSIS140
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Measure and control variables, select equipment appropriate to the task and... > ACSIS141
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS144
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Summarise data, from students’ own investigations and secondary sources, and... > ACSIS145
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Identify questions and problems that can be investigated scientifically and... > ACSIS139
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Chemical change involves substances reacting to form new substances > ACSSU225
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Differences between elements, compounds and mixtures can be described at a... > ACSSU152
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > The properties of the different states of matter can be explained in terms of... > ACSSU151
- Year 8 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Scientific knowledge has changed people's understanding of the world and is... > ACSHE134
- Year 8 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Solutions to contemporary issues that are found using science and technology... > ACSHE135
This Scootle assessment item follows on from the 'states of matter' activity and tests student’s ability to identify characteristics of sol
This online resource helps students determine if materials are compounds or elements.
This online resource is an assessment item to identify compounds and elements.