Description: In this investigation, living things that live in particular habitats are investigated in the context of habitats being places that provide many of the needs of living
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways > ACSIS029
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Compare observations with those of others > ACSIS213
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions using... > ACSIS025
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS024
- Year 1 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Living things live in different places where their needs are met > ACSSU211
- Year 1 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their... > ACSHE022
This online resource details ways of engaging Year 2 students when learning about the importance of water to living things.
- Year 2 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Earth’s resources are used in a variety of ways > ACSSU032
This Scootle resource is an interactive challenge for Year 1 students and requires them to make decisions about animals and their habitats.
- Year 1 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Living things have a variety of external features > ACSSU017