This online resource details a hands-on lesson that uses models to compare the molecular structure of diamonds and graphite.
This online resource details a student activity designed to illustrate the link between a land and a marine environment.
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Evaluate conclusions, including identifying sources of uncertainty and possible... > ACSIS171
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Plan, select and use appropriate investigation types, including field work and... > ACSIS165
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Analyse patterns and trends in data, including describing relationships between... > ACSIS169
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Formulate questions or hypotheses that can be investigated scientifically > ACSIS164
- Year 9 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Ecosystems consist of communities of interdependent organisms and abiotic... > ACSSU176
- Year 9 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > The values and needs of contemporary society can influence the focus of... > ACSHE228
This website has a good visual representation of the particle model for solids, liquids and gases. It is useful as a demonstration on interactive whiteboards or as a homework learning activity.
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > The properties of the different states of matter can be explained in terms of... > ACSSU151