This online resource is a video where students can learn the history of the scientific ideas regarding the Earth, Moon and Sun system as well as the theories of Galileo and Isaac Newton.
This is a student practical activity that allows students to use the concept of ratios to determine an experimental value for the distance to the moon.
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate scientific ideas and information for a particular purpose,... > ACSIS208
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Evaluate conclusions, including identifying sources of uncertainty and possible... > ACSIS205
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Analyse patterns and trends in data, including describing relationships between... > ACSIS203
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent... > ACSIS204
- Year 10 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > The universe contains features including galaxies, stars and solar systems and... > ACSSU188
This video shows comparative sizes of planets, sun and moon and distances from Earth.
- Year 5 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > The Earth is part of a system of planets orbiting around a star (the sun) > ACSSU078