This downloadable ASSIST Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is for the setting up and demonstration of the flame test using a PET bottle as a demonstration rig.
Flame testing: What would be considered safer for Year 8 students attempting flame testing of chemicals? Using a small quantity of solid chemical in a flame on a metal loop, or a chemical solution
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Differences between elements, compounds and mixtures can be described at a... > ACSSU152
This resource is a web page that details a demonstration experiment that can be used to show the flame colours given by an alkali metal, an alkaline earth metal, and other metal salts.
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Analyse patterns and trends in data, including describing relationships between... > ACSIS169
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent... > ACSIS170
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Formulate questions or hypotheses that can be investigated scientifically > ACSIS164
- Year 9 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > All matter is made of atoms which are composed of protons, neutrons and... > ACSSU177