When choosing a microscope consideration needs to be given to the application, skill level of staff and students and budget.
Cleaning microscope slides: What is the most effective way to clean glass microscope slides so they are suitable to reuse?
What is the usual practice for cleaning prepared slides?
Microscope servicing: Can any one recommend a microscope servicing company/person who would do the Gold Coast area please?
Microscope repair: We currently have a number of microscopes to repair and were wondering if anyone knows somewhere in Australia that repairs microscopes, and not just maintains them?
This downloadable resource is a Safe Operating Procedure (SOP) and detailed method for how to use and care for a compound light microscope.
This online resource is an inquiry-based learning sequence that cover characteristics of life, cells, microscopes, cell organelles, tissues, organs and body systems.
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, findings and evidence-based solutions to problems using... > ACSIS148
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on scientific investigations including evaluating the quality of the... > ACSIS146
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Collaboratively and individually plan and conduct a range of investigation... > ACSIS140
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Measure and control variables, select equipment appropriate to the task and... > ACSIS141
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS144
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Summarise data, from students’ own investigations and secondary sources, and... > ACSIS145
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Identify questions and problems that can be investigated scientifically and... > ACSIS139
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Cells are the basic units of living things and have specialised structures and... > ACSSU149
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Multi-cellular organisms contain systems of organs that carry out specialised... > ACSSU150
- Year 8 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Scientific knowledge has changed people's understanding of the world and is... > ACSHE134
- Year 8 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science understanding and skills in their occupations and these have... > ACSHE136