Investigating the effect of cell size on diffusion (absorption) rate (speed) is a common investigation carried out by secondary students.
Showing 1 - 3 of 3 results
Publication Date: 26 November 2018
Type of Resources: Information Sheet
Publication Date: 06 January 2017
This Connected Learning Experience explores how cell specialisation helps animals survive.
Type of Resources: Practical activity/investigation
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on scientific investigations including evaluating the quality of the... > ACSIS146
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Use scientific knowledge and findings from investigations to evaluate claims... > ACSIS234
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Collaboratively and individually plan and conduct a range of investigation... > ACSIS140
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > In fair tests, measure and control variables, and select equipment to collect... > ACSIS141
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS144
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Summarise data, from students’ own investigations and secondary sources, and... > ACSIS145
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Cells are the basic units of living things and have specialised structures and... > ACSSU149
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Multi-cellular organisms contain systems of organs that carry out specialised... > ACSSU150
- Year 8 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Scientific knowledge has changed people's understanding of the world and is... > ACSHE134
Publication Date: 18 January 2015
This online resource shows how pH levels can be used to measure the respiration of cells.
Type of Resources: Lesson Plan