W.A.S.P. Year 7 – Oil and water
This online resource looks at renewable and non-renewable resources.
The resource is a teaching package that provides hands-on activities, with teacher support materials, to support the Year 7 Earth and space science and chemical sciences components of the Australian Curriculum.
The activities are organised into three topics:
- Renewable and non-renewable resources,
- Water as A renewable resource, and
- Oil and gas as non-renewable resources
The Woodside Australian Science Project (WASP) is an initiative supported by Woodside Energy Limited and Earth Science Western Australia (ESWA). It aims to support the delivery of the Earth Science component of the Australian Curriculum.
An iPad app is also available to support this resource.
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, findings and evidence-based solutions to problems using... > ACSIS133
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on scientific investigations including evaluating the quality of the... > ACSIS131
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Use scientific knowledge and findings from investigations to evaluate claims... > ACSIS132
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Collaboratively and individually plan and conduct a range of investigation... > ACSIS125
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Measure and control variables, select equipment appropriate to the task and... > ACSIS126
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS129
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Summarise data, from students’ own investigations and secondary sources, and... > ACSIS130
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Identify questions and problems that can be investigated scientifically and... > ACSIS124
- Year 7 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Mixtures, including solutions, contain a combination of pure substances that... > ACSSU113
- Year 7 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Some of Earth’s resources are renewable, including water that cycles through... > ACSSU116