This downloadable MS Word document provides the details for an activity in which students investigate the result of crossing two plants heterozygous for pigment.
- requires students to predict the outcomes of crosses between two heterozygous plants based on what they have learnt about inheritance, and
- demonstrates how large sample sizes increase the validity of results in an investigation.
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate scientific ideas and information for a particular purpose,... > ACSIS208
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Critically analyse the validity of information in primary and secondary sources... > ACSIS206
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Evaluate conclusions, including identifying sources of uncertainty and possible... > ACSIS205
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Plan, select and use appropriate investigation types, including field work and... > ACSIS199
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Select and use appropriate equipment, including digital technologies, to... > ACSIS200
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Analyse patterns and trends in data, including describing relationships between... > ACSIS203
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent... > ACSIS204
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Formulate questions or hypotheses that can be investigated scientifically > ACSIS198
- Year 10 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > The transmission of heritable characteristics from one generation to the next... > ACSSU184
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Inquiry Skills
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences