Using scientific models
This online resource can help teachers use scientific models effectively, for example to guide student predictions and to give explanations.
This is one of many resources to support the teaching of the Australian Curriculum on the Victorian Department of Education website. Recent research is showing that teachers who understand possible student misconceptions are better able to support student learning.
- Year 3 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Earth’s rotation on its axis causes regular changes, including night and day > ACSSU048
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations, ideas and findings using formal and... > ACSIS071
- Year 4 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves making predictions and describing patterns and relationships > ACSHE061
- Year 5 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, explanations and processes using scientific representations... > ACSIS093
- Year 5 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > The Earth is part of a system of planets orbiting around a star (the sun) > ACSSU078