Local Environments & Patterns On Earth - Year 1 P.A.L.M.S.
This online resource supports the teaching of the Year 1 Earth and space science.
The resource is a teaching package that provides hands-on activities with teacher support materials to support the Year 1 Earth and space science components of the Australian Curriculum.
The activities are organised into four topics:
- Weather changes
- Day and night
- Landscape changes and timescale
The package also integrates other subject areas, including—English, mathematics, geography and history.
New Australian Curriculum Codes: AC9S1U02 (Year 1)
This resource has been produced as part of the Primary Australian Literacy Mathematics and Science (PALMS) program.
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways > ACSIS029
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Compare observations with those of others > ACSIS213
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions > ACSIS025
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use a range of methods to sort information, including drawings and provided... > ACSIS027
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS024
- Year 1 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Observable changes occur in the sky and landscape > ACSSU019
- Year 1 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves observing, asking questions about, and describing changes in,... > ACSHE021
- Year 1 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their... > ACSHE022