P.A.L.M.S. Year 1 – Local Environments & Patterns On Earth
This online teaching package provides hands-on activities with teacher support materials to support the Year 1 Earth and space science components of the Australian Curriculum.
The activities are organised into four topics:
- Weather changes
- Day and night
- Landscape changes and timescale
The package also integrates other subject areas, including—English, mathematics, geography and history.
This resource has been produced as part of the Primary Australian Literacy Mathematics and Science (PALMS) program.
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways > ACSIS029
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Compare observations with those of others > ACSIS213
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions using... > ACSIS025
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use a range of methods to sort information, including drawings and provided... > ACSIS027
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS024
- Year 1 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Observable changes occur in the sky and landscape > ACSSU019
- Year 1 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves observing, asking questions about, and describing changes in,... > ACSHE021
- Year 1 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their... > ACSHE022