Earth's Resources – Year 2 P.A.L.M.S.
This resource explores Earth's resources.
It provides hands-on activities with teacher support materials to support the younger students in learning about resources, water, soil, clean air, and minerals. It has a focus on sustainability and recycling resources.
The package also integrates other subject areas, including—mathematics, drama, geography and history.
New Australian Curriculum Codes: AC9S3U02 (Year 3), AC9S4U02 (Year 4)
This resource has been produced as part of the Primary Australian Literacy Mathematics and Science (PALMS) program.
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways > ACSIS042
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Compare observations with those of others > ACSIS041
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions > ACSIS038
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use a range of methods to sort information, including drawings and provided... > ACSIS040
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS037
- Year 2 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Earth’s resources are used in a variety of ways > ACSSU032
- Year 2 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves observing, asking questions about, and describing changes in,... > ACSHE034
- Year 2 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their... > ACSHE035