Geological Changes – Year 6 W.A.S.P.
This online supports the Year 6 Earth and space science.
The resource is a teaching package that provides hands-on activities with teacher support materials to support the Year 6 Earth and space science components of the Australian Curriculum.
The activities are organised into six topics:
- What Lies Below?
- Volcanic Eruptions
- Droughts and Flooding Rains
- Managing Disasters Scientifically
Australian Curriculum v9 Codes: AC9S5U02 (Year 5), AC9S8U03 (Year 8)
The Woodside Australian Science Project (WASP) is an initiative supported by Woodside Energy Limited and Earth Science Western Australia (ESWA). It aims to support the delivery of the Earth science component of the Australian Curriculum.
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, explanations and processes using scientific representations... > ACSIS110
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on and suggest improvements to scientific investigations > ACSIS108
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Decide which variable should be changed and measured in fair tests and... > ACSIS104
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Identify, plan and apply the elements of scientific investigations to answer... > ACSIS103
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Compare data with predictions and use as evidence in developing explanations > ACSIS221
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including tables and graphs, to... > ACSIS107
- Year 6 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > With guidance, pose clarifying questions and make predictions about scientific... > ACSIS232
- Year 6 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Sudden geological changes and extreme weather events can affect Earth’s surface > ACSSU096
- Year 6 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves testing predictions by gathering data and using evidence to... > ACSHE098
- Year 6 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Scientific knowledge is used to solve problems and inform personal and... > ACSHE100