What Drives Plate Tectonics Worksheet
This downloadable resource looks at verifying the movement of tectonic plates.
The resources include a worksheet whereby students use various online resources to determine the speed of movement of tectonic plates across the surface of the Earth (a separate copy with example answers is also provided). A copy of the original article on which these worksheets are based is also provided to act as teacher notes for the activity.
The article and worksheets were first published in Issue 65.2 of Teaching Science (June 2019) and were made available to Science ASSIST by the author of the article, Colin Price, from Daramalan College in the ACT.
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent... > ACSIS170
- Year 9 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > The theory of plate tectonics explains global patterns of geological activity... > ACSSU180
- Year 9 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Scientific understanding, including models and theories, are contestable and... > ACSHE157
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences
- Year Senior Secondary > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science