Habits of the Heart and Lungs
This online resource deals with the circulatory and respiratory systems.
The resource is a series of lesson plans that teachers can use to demonstrate the key principles of operation of the circulatory and respiratory system.
There are also videos of operations that a teacher can choose to use. This is good for teacher ideas or for showing the videos to students.
Australian Curriculum v9 Codes: AC9S8U01 (Year 8), AC9S8U02 (Year 8)
These simple activities are a useful collection of videos and activities from which a teacher can choose appropriate activities for their classes. A number of everyday items are needed to do the practical aspects of the activities. (ACSSU150)
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on scientific investigations including evaluating the quality of the... > ACSIS146
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Use scientific knowledge and findings from investigations to evaluate claims... > ACSIS234
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Collaboratively and individually plan and conduct a range of investigation... > ACSIS140
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Measure and control variables, select equipment appropriate to the task and... > ACSIS141
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS144
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Summarise data, from students’ own investigations and secondary sources, and... > ACSIS145
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Identify questions and problems that can be investigated scientifically and... > ACSIS139
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Multi-cellular organisms contain systems of organs carrying out specialised... > ACSSU150
- Year 9 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Multi-cellular organisms rely on coordinated and interdependent internal... > ACSSU175